Sunday, November 04, 2007

White Chocolate Chip Cookies w/Dried Cherries


Hopefully my mom won't mind me sharing this one. She does some amazing cookies at the holidays and this one is worth sharing. I haven't ever made them, but I've eaten plenty!

2 1/2 cups uncooked old-fashioned rolled oats
2 cups flour
1 tsp each: baking soda, baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 sticks (1 cup) butter
1 cup each: granulated sugar, packed light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 pkg (12 oz) white chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
1 cup dried cherries or cranberries

Heat oven to 375F. Process oats in food processor to fine powder. Combine oatmeal, flour, baking soda, baking powder & salt in medium bowl; set aside. Beat together butter and sugars in bowl on medium until combined. Beat in eggs and vanilla until fluffy. Reduce speed to low. Add dry ingredients, about 1/4 cup at a time. Stir in choc chips, walnuts and dried cherries. Drop by tablespoons on greased baking sheets. Bake in batches until golden, about 10-12 minutes, rotating baking sheet after 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool.

1 comment:

Di in Indiana said...

I baked these cookies this week and they are fabulous!!! I accidentally picked up a bag of dried cranberries when I thought I was picking up cherries, but other than that I made them exactly as written. My husband says they are the best cookie I've ever baked. I can't wait to make them with the dried cherries!