Monday, December 15, 2008

Lamb & Mushroom Kofta


I grabbed this one from Boozy Susie and modified it just very slightly. I lurve my food processor today. Actually, I always love it but I used it twice today and it just made this recipe soooo easy.

1 cup mushrooms
1 red onion
2 garlic cloves
parsley, to taste (I used dried, although fresh would probably be nicer)
1tsp ground coriander
1tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
500g lamb mince
butter
salt & pepper, to taste
olive oil

Melt butter in large frying pan over high heat. Add mushrooms and cook whilst stiring for 5 min or until tender. Set aside. Combine parsley, onion, garlic and spices in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add mushrooms and mince and process until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Use hands to mould mixture into meatball sized balls. Place on a plate or tray and pop in fridge for 30 minutes. Heat olive oil in pan and fry until cooked through, or place on metal skewers and bbq or grill.

*Served with homemade hummus and store bought tabouli;)

**I also think these would make great burgers, perhaps with a tzatziki sauce mmmm.

3 comments:

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

Hey, that sounds great! You should make your own tabouli and tzatziki, very easy and very tasty.

Suzer said...

Yes I was actually thinking that too. I want to start an herb garden soon, as well as begin making my own yogurt. Trying to suss out whether the latter is worthwhile.

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

Yogurt making is so simple. Just get one of the EasiYo Yogurt makers. They're pretty cheap at Big W. You can get any of the yogurt packs from most grocery stores. We usually just keep back around a fourth of each batch to start the next batch so you don't have to buy the packets.

It takes about 1 minute so set it up at the end of the day, and the next morning you've got a litre of fresh yogurt.

Go for it!