1. Fry 3-4 slices bacon, non-stick pan (set aside)
2. Fry 1 chopped onion and 2 cloves minced garlic in bacon grease
3. Add 1/2 kg kangaroo mince and 1 red and 1 orange capsicum/bell pepper
4. Add chili powder, cayenne and cumin, to taste
5. Cook until mince is browned
6. Put the lot in a crock pot, along with:
- 2 cans spicy chili beans (or regular beans doctored up with spices if you can't find spicy chili beans: kidney, pinto, mixed)
- 1 can corn
- 1 bottle of beer (any type, to taste--half for the cook and half for the pot)
- 2-3 tbsp Vegemite, or to taste, but do not overdo it (you can do without it you can't find this in the US)
- 1 big squeeze of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 big squeezes BBQ sauce (must be American, preferably a nice mesquite)
Cook on low for 3 hours or so, and serve topped with some grated cheddar and sour cream, as well as come crusty bread (homemade beer bread if you have the time).
**Kangaroo, if you didn't know is a very lean, healthy meat which is similar to steak as a fillet and much tastier than ground beef/mince.